A corporate business operations and strategy leader, a non-profit CEO, and a board advisor walk into a bar… or, in this case, they come together on a panel for Me2We. In this session we will discuss how we can connect non-profits and for-profits for a more diverse and inclusive world, benefiting companies, non-profits, and individuals. Each speaker will share their perspective and personal tips, and we will have plenty of time for Q&A and experience sharing among participants. Join us!
- Provide clear direction for individuals seeking to increase connections and engage productively and meaningfully in building a better and more diverse, equitable, and inclusive world.
- Participants will understand the power of making meaningful connections to build a better and more diverse, equitable, and inclusive world.
- Participants will have an increased understanding of the benefits of connecting corporate and non-profit expertise to maximize impact, using the example of corporate directors on non-profit boards.
- Traci L. Baird, President & CEO, EngenderHealth
- Caleb Boise, Business Operations & Strategy, Dapper Labs Inc; and Secretary, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Hudson River Community Sailing
- Alice Korngold, President & CEO, Korngold Consulting
Traci L. Baird has worked for more than 25 years in international non-profits, including eight years at the executive level working closely with diverse international boards. As President and CEO of EngenderHealth, she leads the organization’s talented global team to establish strategy and implement programs in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights and gender equality. A focus of Traci’s leadership is organizational effectiveness and ensuring that her non-profit “walks the talk” on gender, equality, diversity, and inclusion. Traci has a Master of Public Health degree from UNC-Chapel Hill and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Biology from Stanford University. Traci is a member of the Gamechanger cohort of LEAD.
Caleb Boise is a strategy & operations generalist, who loves building out company infrastructure for scale. Caleb has 12 years of management consulting experience with both Fortune 5 companies and SME’s. Caleb is a Howard University alum, Accenture alum, and a technologist passionate about the potential for blockchain to disrupt myriad aspects of the way business is currently done. Caleb is also an avid sailor and has taught sailing to adults and youth for 15 years at community sailing organizations in DC, San Francisco, and, most recently, with Hudson River Community Sailing in NYC. Caleb joined the Board of Directors at HRCS to align his passions for increasing diversity in the sport of sailing and helping scale HRCS’s business operations as the organization continues to grow.
Alice Korngold is an advisor to multinational corporations and NGOs on board governance, DEI, and sustainability and ESG. She is the author of A Better World, Inc.: How Companies Profit by Solving Global Problems…Where Governments Cannot (Springer, 2014), Leveraging Good Will: Strengthening Nonprofits by Engaging Businesses (Wiley, 2005), and the chapter on “Corporate Governance to Advance Business and Society” in both editions of the Handbook on Board Governance: A Comprehensive Guide for Public, Private, and Not for Profit Board Members (Wiley, 2016 and 2020). Alice teaches “Sustainability and Corporate Governance” to students in the Master’s degree program in Financial Accountability at York University in Toronto. Alice received a B.A. in history and an MSEd. in psychological services from the University of Pennsylvania.